An Eco-Friendly Snorkel Tour in Koh Lipe, Thailand
Imagine this: you go snorkelling at three different yet equally diverse reefs, followed by a gorgeous sunset over the ocean. Once the sun is down you go swimming with bioluminescent plankton.
It doesn’t get much better than that right? But wait… it actually does! This tour in Koh Lipe, apart from taking you to stunningly beautiful landscapes, is also eco-friendly. What does that mean exactly?
While on tour in Koh Lipe the following guidelines are strictly enforced:
- No polystyrene, styrofoam or plastic containers, water bottles or straws. Lunch and snacks are provided in reusable containers.
- A strict no touching the coral or fish and no feeding the marine life policy! Leave all flora and fauna intact and unharmed for future travellers to enjoy as well.
- Anchoring on coral is strictly prohibited. Instead
,buoy lines are used to secure the boat.
- Black bags are provided for beach clean up. Put in your grain of salt and make a small contribution to the health of our planet as you team up with your new friends to clean up the beach.
Want to know more? Here’s a sneak peak of what you’ll see on this eco-friendly snorkel adventure. You’ll visit Jabang to snorkel among large schools of colourful fish and rocky pinnacles – but not to touch the marine life. Then cruise to Koh Hin Ngam island, shaped in a perfect circle, surrounded by volcanic rocks and curious clownfish.
Take a trek into the hills where you can admire breathtaking views of the archipelago of Adang-Rawi.
The final highlight of the trip is a swim among incredible bioluminescent plankton. This magical show of shimmering lights is a reaction to your movements. Every wish of your hand illuminating the water around you. It’s a powerful and unforgettable experience that reminds us of the importance of taking care of our planet and it’s natural resources that we sometimes take for granted.
One of the most important parts of being eco-friendly is creating awareness of the importance of protecting our planet. While you are travelling there are several easy ways to cut down on waste. Choose one to start with or see if you can achieve them all!
How to reduce plastic waste while traveling:
- Carry reusable plates, bamboo silverware & water bottle
- Buy your own metal straw
- Invest in a bamboo hairbrush & toothbrush
- Recycle cloth bags for dirty clothes & souvenirs
- Buy refillable toiletry bottles
- Use bar conditioner, shampoo & soap
- Bring a Moon Cup or Diva Cup
- Skip the fast food and eat at restaurants
- Make an effort to recycle whenever you can
To feel good about your travel experience you can book this environmentally friendly tour in Koh Lipe here.
For more enviro-blogs check out our Awesome Tips For Becoming An Eco-Friendly Traveller or read about one traveller’s Plastic Free July.
Have you been on an incredible eco-friendly tour? Let us know about it in the comment section below.