12 Adventurous Trips for Couples
Travelling with your significant other can sometimes prove to be a tricky situation. It is definitely a good test of your relationship and a test of character when things don’t go as planned! Having some adventurous trips planned along the way can make all the difference in your trip and will definitely help you forget about the humdrums of your daily routine.
Get out there to explore the world with your better half. Throw numbers into a hat and leave your next big adventure up to fate!
1. Take a PADI Scuba Diving course on a beautiful tropical island anywhere in the world. Cebu in the Philippines and Utila in Honduras are known as some of the most inexpensive places to take the PADI Scuba Diving course.
2. Trekking in Nepal is a great way to challenge yourself (and put your relationship to the test). Spend as little as 3 days to reach Poon Hill from Pokhara or embark on a more adventurous 13-day Everest Base Camp Trek from Kathmandu.
3. Go Gorilla Trekking in Uganda’s Impenetrable National Forest or venture into Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park to get up-close and personal with these furry, gentle creatures of which there are less than 1000 still surviving in the world
4. Embark on a self-driving 3-day Camping Trip to Fraser Island in Australia where you can leave your worries at home and immerse yourself in spectacular natural landscapes.
5. True adventurers will be enthralled with an Interactive Masai Mara Safari in Kenya where you can dance and sing to traditional Masai warrior songs, taste local tea, take a nature walk with a local guide and even have the chance to sleep overnight in a Masai-style hut!
6. Strap on your trekking boots and head out along the pristine W Trek in Torres del Paine for a self-guided adventure among hanging glaciers and freezing rivers created by glacier runoff. Sleep overnight in cozy mountain chalets and snuggle up next to your partner while sipping a hot chocolate around the fire.
7. Go for a true adventure in Mexico’s secret gem, the Huasteca Potosina, where you will find turquoise-coloured rivers and towering waterfalls. Go waterfall jumping, canoeing, white-water rafting and hike to a giant sparrow’s nesting cave at Sotano de las Huahuas in the jungle.
8. The Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the most legendary and famous treks in the world. Walk in the footsteps of ancient Inca royalty as you hike along original stone staircases leading to Inti Punku, the sun gate that leads into Machu Picchu sanctuary.
9. Visit the natural reserve of the Galapagos Islands where you can snorkel with friendly sea lions, penguins, marine iguanas and tropical fish or go hiking on one of the volcanic islands that makes up this unique archipelago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
10. Strap on your crampons and grab your ice-pick for an adventurous Fox Glacier Trekking excursion in New Zealand and you walk up the dynamic face of the glacier and trek through ice-caves with deep blue and turquoise colours.
11. Sail through the Croatian and Greek Islands on a Sailing Trip to go island hopping in beautiful turquoise waters, swim in crystalline bays, snorkel, soak up the sun and party by night on the lively islands where everyone goes to escape life.
12. Go back in time in the stunning Rose City of Petra in Jordan nestled deep in the Jordanian desert with incredible rock-carved architecture in the middle of a sandstone valley, an experience that is truly unforgettable.